Saturday, August 20, 2011

Behind the scenes action

Altynai's fund was launched 5 days ago when I told many of the waiting parents about my plans (see the August 16th post). Since then I have been working behind the scenes on spreading word of the fund and the needs that truly exist AND working the overnight shift at the hospital. In retrospect, maybe a week on the day shifts would have been a better time to start this:) Historically, there have been six adoption agencies that have programs in Kyrgyzstan. Five with waiting families and one that had a very busy program prior to the closure. I have reached out to all them this week and so far everyone that I have spoken to has been very excited about the fund and very willing to help me spread the word. Over the next week, with their help we will be reaching out again to all of the waiting families and they will also be contacting those families that have successfully adopted from Kyrgyzstan in the past.

There is still a ton of work to be done though and hopefully a lot of money to be raised. I am excited that there are three families that are in the process of submitting applications and as of August 18th, $1300 had been donated! For those of you that have donated, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! You have no idea what your generosity means to me. Please keep the prayers and donations coming and when possible, please share the news of my blog and of Altynai's fund. I have a few more night shifts to do and then I promise more exciting posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment