Friday, September 9, 2011

Way to go, Libby!!!

They say that big things come in small packages, right???  They also say that every little bit counts, right???  I need to share you a great example of both.   Libby is a 9 year old little girl that is the daughter of a dear, dear friend of mine and she has been working her tail off.  When I told her mom, and subsequently Libby, that I was starting a fund to help bring home the orphans that lived with Altynai, Libby thought that was a great idea.   She was quick to tell me and her mom that she was going to help me raise money for the fund.  Now Jill and I thought that was super sweet but really, how much was she really going to raise and how long was this going to keep her interest???  I should have never doubted her!

Libby started by calling their family and close friends, next she made and sold friendship bracelets,  and most recently convinced her mom that she needed to do a bake sale.  She had given some thought to the old fashion lemonade stand but decided that her mom's Oreo balls, would be worth a lot more.  So that is what they did.  They became a traveling bake sale.  They hit up teachers, friends and neighbors and they sold like hotcakes.   The majority of the donations she collected were less than $10 and in fact, some just a $2 or $3 and yet it all adds up!

$185 was raised in 3 weeks making her the 4th largest donor to the fund!  I love you Libby and you have no idea how impressed I am!  You are making a difference and I am so proud of you!

If you haven't had a chance to chip in yet, the PayPal button is on right side of the blog and every little bit helps.  There are 5 families that have applied so far and I would great appreciate any donation you could give!

3 comments: