Thursday, October 20, 2011

Snuggle time thoughts

I just got done snuggling with Drew, Ansley and Alec and my heart feels like it could explode with love.  There is truly nothing better that being a mom!  God has blessed us with the most precious children.  Three children that make our family perfect.  Two biological and one adopted and yet, my heart and mind can't tell the difference.  But there are times, like tonight when I sit an marvel how adoption has touched our family's life.  As Drew was melting into me at as I rocked him tonight, I was caught off guard by how deeply I love him and how, I nearly had given up on adopting when God brought him into our lives.  The Kyrgyz 65 had another very encouraging conference call with the Department of State today and as I held Drew singing him to sleep (with him humming back), I couldn't help but think how hopefully in the very near future the waiting children will be rocked to sleep by their forever parents.  What a wonderful thought to ponder!

According to today's update, if all things go as planned, 2012 is going to start out with a bang for the families!  The agencies are in the midst of being re-accredited and the families are working on their dossiers.  The process appears to be going according to plan, which is miraculous, considering the Kyrgyz track record.  I can't tell you how excited I was to hear our US Ambassador sound excited!  Two good conference calls in a row; that is a record so now we just need to keep the prayers coming and hopefully the donations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment