Friday, November 11, 2011

My Faith

Altynai's fund has had an amazing week, filled with new opportunities and new people that have volunteered their time, expertise or products.  I thought that my "Help Wanted" ad had fallen on deaf ears, but I am happy to tell you that I was wrong.  Thank goodness because this week was filled with exactly what I have been looking for and my belief in this fund is holding strong.  Trust me, if it was not for my faith in God and what I feel he is leading me to do, I would have abandoned this ship long ago.  ( That and the fact that I am incredibly stubborn - just ask my husband. ) So I guess now that I have brought up my faith, maybe I will spend a little time, telling you a little more about myself. 

My relationship with God is something that I find personal and private.  To many, they would find my faith child-like because it is so simplistic in nature.  I have always been a Christian, attended church and have believed in God and yet, I am not one to quote Bible verses or have indepth philosophical conversations about Christianity or other religions.  But what I do know, on a very visceral level, is that God is always with me and guiding me through all of lifes ups and downs (and I have had my fair share of both).  And when I take the time to listen and truly feel His presence, I am amazed by what I learn and what I can accomplish. 
That is that - He loves me and He cares for me and always will. 

As I think back on our entire adoption journey, from the beginning til now, I have always known that we were doing exactly what we were supposed to be doing. Odd, when you consider how terrifying a good portion of this journey has been. So it is because of my faith that I continue to have this sense of peace and excitement about Altynai's fund.  Excitement because I have been given the opportunity to advocate for the orphans and families that I have fallen in love with.  Excitement because I have been put in a position where I can make an impact and excitement because I know that grand things are going to happen.  And glorious things have already occurred,  but not because of what I am doing but because of what God is guiding others to do. 

So this morning I will leave you with a great quote to ponder, “ The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” - Mother Teresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment