Thursday, December 8, 2011

What a Ride!

I have said it before and I have a feeling that I will be saying it a lot more as time passes, but this journey with Altynai's Fund never ceases to amaze me.  Amazes me because God seems to know that I need ongoing positive reinforcement to buffer the frustration that seems to go hand and hand with this endeavor.

Yesterday, was one of those days....  It started with an update from Lifesong.  Eight more applications are in the final steps of being processed which was great news but sadly, there have not been any new donations since November 18th.  When you are in the fundraising business that is the LAST thing that you want to hear.  I will admit that I was surprised because I had really thought that the PODCAST would spur some excitement.  I guess not!  I should have been beside myself but the frustration was short lived because Altynai's story, the story of the Kyrgyz 65 and the needs of this fund were shared on a much, much bigger venue yesterday and the response was overwhelming!

Altynai at 5 months
Jim Umberger, the waiting father that I told you about earlier this week, touched the hearts of many yesterday when he presented our stories at a seminar put on by Engauge.   The audience was emotionally  moved, and hopefully, moved to action!  I am not a Twitter person but the Tweets were flying, including requests to Dateline and 20/20 to tell our story.  A representative from CNN was a co-presenter with Jim and he was equally impressed!  He now has Altynai's Fund's business card and he and Jim plan on having additional conversations. Can you just imagine how wonderful that would be???  Equally as touching was the birth mother and prospective adoptive parents that were in the audience and introduced themselves to Jim after the talk.  Touching stories of their own situations and how what he had spoke about touched them in a deeper way.  Great things are happening, I just know it!

Now I just pray that all the excitement and admiration that was harnessed yesterday will be used to either help this fund and the waiting Kyrygz orphans or some other precious yet, to be known child that is in desperate need of a family.  So donations or not, I am happy.  Of course, I am not going to lie to you, I would be a WHOLE lot happier if the donations started flooding in.  The fund desperately needs them.  So on that note, today is the last day to participate in the Holiday Auction and just as a reminder, 100% of your bid will go towards Altynai's Fund!  If you aren't loving the auction items, don't be discouraged, we have a raffle for a Kindle Fire that will start next week ( assuming people don't defriend me and my frequent updates on Facebook) and as always, donations can be given any time of day or night, right here on this blog.  Just click on the DONATE button on the right or in the fundraising section.  The link will take you straight to Paypal and Altynai's Fund's account with Lifesong for Orphans.  Just like with the auction, all of the donations are tax deductible and 100% of the donation goes to Altynai's Fund.   Simply translated, 100% of your contribution goes to an orphan that is very, very loved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment